Welcome to Bicycling-Gear.com. If you’re new to the world of bicycling gear or have always wanted to get involved with the hobby, then you have come to the right place.
A lot of people probably start out just casually riding a bike, but over time, as they become more serious about riding, they realize that they need to invest in buying some bicycling gear. Whether its gloves, jerseys, clothes or shoes, each piece of equipment has its purpose.
A Brief Introduction
If you have found yourself in this situation, then this is the site for you. Here we’ll discuss all of the various types of cycling gear and talk about which ones are essential to have and which ones are optional.
The most essential piece of gear is the helmet, and hopefully we don’t have to tell you how important this piece of equipment can be. Even though not many people like wearing a helmet, luckily various companies are aware of this and have created some sleek designs that people are ok with wearing in public. There are a number of different designs to pick from, so the right choice basically depends on your own personal comfort and color preference.
Gloves are another piece of gear that can be useful to have, even if not as essential as a helmet would be. Many times, a pair of gloves will do a lot more than just keeping your hands warm on a cold day. Most will have padding that is deliberately in specific areas so that it can absorb vibrations and also keep your hands from getting tired.
Even if you have just started bicycling, you no doubt have learned about chaffing. This is why having the right kind of shorts is imperative. Bicycling shorts are designed to give you greatest amount of comfort while riding. Most do this by using chamois, a material that is sewn on the inside of the shorts to help not only keep chaffing to a minimum, but they can also soak up moisture. Although this piece of bicycling gear is nice to have, some people may have a hard time wearing tight, form fitting shorts. For this reason, there are also baggier shorts that look more casual, but are still just as comfortable to wear.
Feel free to post any questions, comments or opinions that have to do with bicycling here on the site in our Bicycling Forum. We would love to hear any of your own bicycling gear reviews or personal cycling stories that you want to share with us.
Here are some quick links to the helpful pages on our site:
- Bicycling Forum
- Bicycling Forum - Bicycling-Gear.com’s Bicycling Forum is THE place online for cycling enthusiasts to discuss bicycle reviews, brands, bicycling gear, accessories, clothing, trails, stories and more.
- Bicycle History - How the Modern Bicycle Came to Be
- Bicycle History - Who invented the bicycle? What is the history of bicycles and cycling gear? How the Modern Bicycle Came to Be.
- Bicycling Health Benefits
- Bicycling health benefits include cardiovascular exercise, improved muscle tone and stress relief. There are many more benefits of bicycling. Learn about sports bicycling, adventure cycling and more.
- Bicycle Safety Tips
- Bicycle safety tips to keep you safe on the road. Bike safety gear, hydration packs, rules for safe bicycling, expert and beginning bicycling discussed here.
- Bicycle Buying Guide
- Bicycle Buying Guide - Choosing the Right Type of Bicycle. There are many types of bicycles out there designed for different types of terrain and riding styles. Learn here before beginning bicycling.
- Bicycle Brands - A Bike Buyers’ Guide
- Bicycle Brands - A Bike Buyers’ Guide. Bicycle manufacturers, bicycling gear, trek bicycles, diamondback bikes, cannondale, specialized, bmx, klein, giant, bianchi, huffy, jamis, schwinn & more.
- Used Bicycles
- Used Bicycles - What to look for when buying a used bicycle. Bicycles for sale, cheap bicycles, bicycle buying guide.
- Bicycle Parts
- Bicycle Parts - A full list of all the parts of a bike - tires, rims, wheels, spokes, brakes, seats, frames, handlebars, stand, gears, chains and more.
- Bicycle Tools
- Bicycle Tools - Learn what bicycling gear you need to work on your bike. Tools are a great bicycle gift for the cyclist in your life. Promote bike safety.
- Cycling Clothes – A Buyer’s Guide
- Cycling Clothes - A Guide to the Different Types of Specialized Bicycle Apparel and Their Various Functions. Bicycling gear, bicycle apparel, cycling wear, bicycle shorts, jackets, jerseys, and more.
- Bicycling Jerseys – Their Various Uses & Differences
- Bicycling Jerseys – All about cycling jerseys. Long sleeve jerseys, mens, womens, kids, sleeveless, wool, pro cycling jerseys, custom, road, mountain bike and more.
- Cycling Shirts
- Cycling Shirts - Choosing the best bicycling shirts to help you stay cool and comfortable while riding. Also called cycling jerseys, they are not just for professional cyclists. Get bicycle apparel.
- Cycling Jacket
- Cycling Jacket - Learn the features of a good bicycling jacket so you can choose the best one for you. We review all bicycling gear, cycling clothes, bicycle apparel, bicycle accessories and more.
- Bicycle Shorts - How to Choose
- Bicycle Shorts - How to choose bike shorts that are comfortable and fit well. Learn the difference between mens cycling shorts, womens cycling shorts, cycling bib shorts and team cycling shorts.
- Bicycling Pants
- Bicycling Pants - How to pick out the right cycling pants, cycling clothes, bicycle apparel, cycling wear and more. All designed to keep protect you from the elements and give you a comfortable ride.
- Cycling Shoes – A Buyer’s Guide
- Cycling Shoes - The Various Types of Bicycling Shoes and Their Benefits. Learn about bicycle shoes, cycling sandals, womens, mens, indoor, specialized cycling shoes, bicycle brands, gear and more.
- Cycling Books
- cycling books
- Bicycle Accessories
- Bicycle Accessories - Find the Right Add-on for Your Bike. Bicycling gear, bike computers, cycling glasses, mountain bike accessories, cycling eyewear, goggles, sunglasses, GPS and more.
- Bicycle Helmets
- Bicycle Helmets - Prevent a head injury by buying the right bicycling helmet for your head and riding type. Bicycle safety tips, cycling clothes buying guides and more.
- Bicycle Gloves
- Bicycle Gloves - Tips for choosing comfortable bicycle gloves. We review all bicycling gear, bicycle apparel, cycling wear, bicycle accessories and more.
- Cycling Sunglasses
- Cycling Sunglasses are practically a necessity for cyclists. Cycling eyewear, glasses, goggles and sunglasses all serve to protect the eyes and vision. Learn how to choose here.
- Bike Computers
- Bike Computers - Learn how a cyclometer can help you get more out of your cycling. An ideal bicycle accessory as a gift for an avid bicyclist, it's the newest and coolest addition to bicycling gear.
- About Bicycling Gear
- About Bicycling Gear - Bicycling-Gear.com is dedicated to sharing information about bicycling with the hope that more people will enjoy the sport. Cycling clothes, bicycle brands, bicycle reviews ...
- Contact Bicycling-Gear.com
- Contact Bicycling-Gear.com - Bicycle accessories, cycling clothing, bicycle brands, bicycle reviews and more. We want to hear from bicycling enthusiasts.
- Contribute to Bicycling Gear
- Would you like to share your knowledge about bicycling gear? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.